- Wine Review - 2016 Charles Baker B-Side Riesling - 2016 13th Street Cabernet/Merlot
- Wine Reviews - Taking a New Look at 13th Street Winery
- Two Guys Talking Wine - Episode 74
- Wine Review - 2016 Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling - 2016 Chateau des Charmes Gamay Noir Droit
- Wine Review - Henry of Pelham for Winter
2015 Cave Spring Estate Bottled Chardonnay Musqué – Vintages 246579 – $16.95 – ***½ – This is a little more Chardonnay and a little less floral than previous vintages. The hallmark of Musqué are the white flower notes that mingle in with what you would expect from Chardonnay. This is unoaked with a nice mineral note that goes from start to finish that works nicely with green apple and citrus notes. This is a great bottle of something out of the ordinary to enjoy on a patio.
2013 David Hearn Limited Edition Cabernet/Merlot – Vintages 498659 – $17.95 – **** – Well isn’t this a surprise coming in under twenty dollars. There is something meaty and smoky that climbs out of the glass before making room for blackberry, black currant and raspberry. This blend of 50% Cabernet Franc, 30% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon offers a wine that is immediately approachable with smooth tannin but something from 2013 that should age well in a cellar for 3-5 years. This is your perfect wine to pair with grilled red meat this summer… oh and did you check the price? A portion of the proceeds go to the David Hearn Foundation benefiting the Alzheimer Society of Canada.