- Two Guys Talking Wine - Episode 75
- Wine Review - 2016 Charles Baker B-Side Riesling - 2016 13th Street Cabernet/Merlot
- Wine Reviews - Taking a New Look at 13th Street Winery
- Two Guys Talking Wine - Episode 74
- Wine Review - 2016 Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling - 2016 Chateau des Charmes Gamay Noir Droit
2013 Fielding Gewurztraminer – Vintages 146753 – $18.95 – ****+ – This is your textbook Gew from the Ontario. The aromas are Soft and Floral but distinctly rosy. The flavours on this wine are tropical with Lychee taking over. The finish offers up some very nice spice notes and the floral finish on the wine lingers for a long time. This is off-dry but with just the right amount of acidity. I generally go eastern european with my food pairings but the spice notes on the finish of this wine have me thinking Sushi.
2012 Nk’Mip Qwam Qwmt Cabernet Sauvignon – Vintages 303719 – $28.95 – ****+ – Let me open by saying this wine is a tremendous value. The nose is Pencil shaving and Plum with some smoke in there too. I was expecting the tannin in this wine to be firm and over power this wine but the fruit is front and center with lots of Cherry, Black Currant and Blackberry. The finish on this wine is dangerously smooth. That being said somehow this wine packs a punch on the palate while remaining very elegant. Expect this to age for 7-10 years in the cellar but at this price it’s going to be hard to keep a bottle on hand.