- Wine Review - 2016 Charles Baker B-Side Riesling - 2016 13th Street Cabernet/Merlot
- Wine Reviews - Taking a New Look at 13th Street Winery
- Two Guys Talking Wine - Episode 74
- Wine Review - 2016 Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling - 2016 Chateau des Charmes Gamay Noir Droit
- Wine Review - Henry of Pelham for Winter
2015 Hidden Bench Fumé Blanc – Vintages 68825 – $29.45 – **** – Well isn’t this something … I don’t think many people really think of Niagara when they of Sauvignon Blanc. Wines like this are going to change minds. A deeply complex nose offering tropical fruit and a mineral note. On the palate this opens up with a heavy rich texture that fills your whole mouth with vanilla, guava, and passion fruit. The finish is long and leaves your mouth feeling like it’s been sitting in the tropics. Let’s be frank, this is a wine that I won’t be pairing with food… enjoy with a second glass.
2012 Henry of Pelham Estate Cabernet Merlot – Vintages 395855 – $24.95 – ****+ – I’m sure that you could hold onto a few bottles of this wine and enjoy them in a few years … but they are tasting very good right now. A lot of rich red fruit on the nose and the palate pushing into blackberry and currant are what you can expect. A little more depth this brings a cocoa and smoke note to the glass as well. Enjoy this with grilled meat as we head into fall and roast meat when it’s gets too cold to stand by the BBQ.